My wife will make sure herself sit comfortably in front of TV every tuesday night at 9.00pm.
She will tune in to Channel 70 (Starworld) for Desperate Housewives (DH).
Last night she arrived late due to discussion with some friends over a project at KL Sentral.
“Oh My God! Honey, i missed tonight’s episode! This is an important episode!”
So i grab the remote, and press “guide” button to search for future programme. Aha! got another repeat on 12.30 am. Nak tengok tak…??
“Hmm…please wake me up.”
2 minutes to 12.30 i wake her up…
Honey, don’t you wanna watch DH?
It’s ok, i’m too tired….
OK then, i’ll watch for you, then will tell you tomorrow.
So, i watched DH episode alone. Will tell my honey about the whole episode today…during dinner perhaps.
Last night episode enlightened me on several things:
1. Very interesting to find how women can create friendship among them out of an unlikely situation.
2. Very interesting to find how determined women in protecting their progeny
3. Very interesting to find how women support each other in rainy days
4.Very sad to know how most men like to ridicule women’s thought and feelings
5. Very sad to know how most men take women lightly
6. Very sad to find how men like to maintain the status quo “i am always right” leaving the importance to “listen” and giving “attention” behind.
Most men easily complain about their couple to others. Riducule them, telling how unreasonable they are. Women, on the other hand, always maintain secrecy about their couple weaknessess and marriage no matter what.
Well, shame on me. Shame on all men i guess.
We need to change.